Tantric Journey Code of Ethics
Tantric Journey is committed to ensuring that a high level of client care and ethics is met. We have a sincere commitment to provide the highest quality of care to those who seek our professional services and as a result we have developed our own code of ethics, which we abide by both before, after and during any treatment performed.
Standard Code of Ethics
This code of ethics governs all work carried out by Tantric Journey and is put in place to safeguard clients and maintain the highest standards of work
- Consistently maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for professional excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and through continued education training.
- Acknowledge the limitations of and contraindications for Tantric Journey massage and bodywork
- Conduct their business and professional activities with honesty and integrity, and respect the inherent worth of all persons.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all client information
- Respect the client’s right to treatment with informed and voluntary consent.
- Respect the client’s right to refuse, modify or terminate treatment regardless of prior consent given.
- Provide treatment in a way that ensures the safety, comfort and privacy of the client.
- Exercise the right to refuse to treat any person or part of the body for just and reasonable cause.
- Respect the client’s boundaries with regard to privacy, disclosure, exposure, emotional expression, beliefs and the client’s reasonable expectations of professional behaviour.
What you can expect from Tantric Journey:
Before your session
- Explain in detail my work and ensure that you understand what a typical session might entail
- Establish what your treatment expectations and outcome goals are
- Take time to answer any questions you may have regarding treatment and furnish you with any information you request.
- Complete a detailed client record card
- Bring the code of ethics to your attention and explain any symptoms/side-effects you may experience after a treatment
- Offer you the opportunity to bring a chaperone with you to your sessions or arrange to book a chaperone for you.
During your session
The emotional and physical well-being of each and every client is treated with the utmost respect and importance. During a Tantric Journey treatment or course of treatment, we will:
- Respect your human rights and any differences in belief, culture, ethnicity and sexuality
- Ask questions regarding your health merely to accurately gauge levels of stress, extent of injuries, current emotional state and establish personal goals in the treatment.
- Respect your personal choices and preferences
- Get your clear verbal and where appropriate written consent before undertaking any aspect of treatment
- At all times honour your personal boundaries
- Respect your right to change your mind at any stage of the treatment without question
- Accommodate your chaperone, who may be present in the room while you are in session
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, providing services in an ethical and professional manner in relation to all clientele.
- I shall always dress in a professional manner, proper dress being defined as attire suitable and consistent with accepted business and professional practice.
- I shall endeavour to serve the best interests of my clients at all times and to provide the highest quality service possible.
- I shall maintain clear and honest communications with my clients and shall keep client communications confidential.
- I shall acknowledge the limitations of my skills and, when necessary, refer clients to the appropriate qualified health care professional
- I shall in no way instigate or tolerate any kind of sexual advance while acting in the capacity of a massage, bodywork or Tantric Journey Session
After your session
- Respect your confidentiality
- Honour and respect our client-practitioner relationship
- Never publish any testimonial or extract of your treatment record unless you give express written consent and in the instance of giving a testimonial your anonymity will be guaranteed
- Offer you support and guidance through the post-treatment stage.
Client’s Rights and Responsibilities
Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Client of Tantric Journey
We ask you to observe the Code of Conduct, act responsibly and be aware that personal awareness can help ensure your satisfaction, comfort and safety.
As a Tantric Journey client, it is your responsibility to:
1. Communicate your preferences, expectations and concerns;
2. Communicate complete and accurate health information and reasons for your visit;
3. Treat therapists with courtesy and respect;
As a Tantric Journey client you have the right to:
1. A clean, safe and comfortable environment;
2. Stop a treatment at any time, for any reason;
3. Be treated with consideration, dignity and respect;
4. Confidential treatment of your disclosed health information;
5. Confidential treatment of your treatment records
6. Ask questions