A common misconception is that Tantra is about sex, the definition of Tantra is nowhere near this simple. Tantra explores all of the energy centre’s or chakras in the body, including the second chakra which is associated with sexual energy.
In Tantra all chakras are treated equally, so the second chakra is given no more or less consideration or time than any other chakra. Tantra is about many things: trust, sexuality, sensuality, intimacy, love, communication, vision and spirituality.
Tantra is about nothing and everything, not just sex. Tantra explores sexual energy as an aspect of life and as a result it is more closely associated and linked with sexual energy than other modalities.
When you begin to tread a path of Tantric practices you will learn many things that include:
- To become relaxed within yourself and more relaxed in life. Experiencing more peace of mind and mindfulness.
- You will experience bliss in many different ways in your life and your body will be receptive of pleasure
- Kundalini energy will flow throughout your body revitalising the whole of your system, making you feel youthful and invigorated.
- You will become comfortable with your sensuality and with intimacy
- You will free yourself from emotional blocks and learn to live life with an open loving heart.
- You will learn to bring unconditional love into your life and your relationships.
- How to grow in consciousness: being fully aware and conscious.
- How to free yourself from negative beliefs, limiting thoughts, unwanted patterns and free yourself from stagnant negative emotions
- How to have deeply fulfilling relationships: allowing (sexual) energy to grow and to flow
- The importance of yoni massage
- The importance of lingam massage
- The importance of female ejaculation
- How to control male ejaculation
- How live your life to its full potential
Tantra will teach you many things and everyone’s tantric path will be slightly different. However, through Tantra you will learn to harness sexual energy which will rejuvenate and improve your psychological, emotional, physiological and spiritual health.
To learn more about Tantra and emotional detox through bodywork you may want to consider attending an evening talk on the subject where you can listen to the teachings and ask questions of Mal Weeraratne, a Tantra Master and expert in the field of emotional detox through Tantric and Tao body therapy.