If you ever want to find true and lasting love then the key is not signing up to another dating site, changing your perfume or even transforming your image, but in adopting self love. Yes, self love is key to finding true love and living the happily ever after dream.
Before embarking on any more dates or searching any further for a soul mate it is vital that you come to understand the importance of self-love because without it, your life will be a car crash in motion. Indeed self-love should be your focus if you ever want to find relationship satisfaction. If you love yourself then many of those insecurities and problems that you may have found repetitively occurring will not be present.
Six things you will gain from self-love are:
- You’ll be happier and more optimistic
- You’ll be more secure in yourself and in relationships
- You’ll experience less anxiety and depression
- You’ll be able to cope with stress better
- You’ll have a better adherence to healthy behaviour changes, such as exercise or diets.
So learn some self love techniques today in order to start enjoying a more harmonious relationship with yourself and others:
5 tips for learning the art of self love
- Challenge your negative story about yourself – we all have a history and most of us have regrets in the past, but start seeing the past as just that and if you can’t feel compassion for yourself because of things in the past that you feel you’ve done wrong than it’s time to start to think about this as an old story. Notice the old story of what you did wrong, how you acted wrongly. Now find a way to challenge this interpretation. Ask yourself what made you behave this way and now make a commitment to try to learn from the experience, rather than repeatedly chastise yourself over it. That was the past, the old you.
- Accept that everyone has flaws and everyone makes mistake -Allow yourself to be human,to have flaws and quirks and to accept that it is perfectly normal to make mistakes and learn from them. Give yourself a break.
- Use encouraging and reassuring self-talk – giving yourself some encouraging words can be highly beneficial in the practice of self love. Give yourself little words of encouragement and kindness such as ‘’everyone makes mistakes’’.
- Adopt Self Kindness – if someone you cared about felt as negative about themselves as you do you would no doubt offer them support and kind words; extend the same care to yourself. Begin treating yourself kindly, rather than being a harsh critic.
- Write down a list of your positives – it may sound simple, but this task is often difficult to perform – write down all your positive points and the things you like about you.
Tantric Journey is a healing and awakening technique based upon the ancient principles of Tantra and Tao in conjunction with ground-breaking Western knowledge; to create a powerful and transformative form of therapy that is capable of releasing trapped negative emotions stored at a cellular level within the body. To find out more visit our website here.