Before we go any further, let’s just clarify that yoni is Sanskrit for vagina and translates as ‘sacred space’. Yoni massage is now becoming more recognised in the West and can be performed to facilitate having a better sex life, relieve any stress and tension that the vagina is storing, release negative emotions and many other conditions.
A yoni massage is not seedy or even sexual, it is a beautiful healing ceremony. It is a wonderful experience for a woman and whilst orgasm may occur as a result of a yoni massage, it should not be the aim. Instead the aim of a yoni massage should be to allow the woman to relax and be transported into a blissful state of relaxation, where she can accept pleasure without expectation of giving.
How to begin a yoni massage
You should start by preparing the space – making the space a clean and inviting.
Next sit your partner down opposite you. Look into her eyes and tell her something that is amazing about her or something you love about her.
Now spend a few minutes simply looking into her eyes. Eye-gazing is a very simple, yet deeply powerful exercise.
Next invite her to lie down and spend at least 20 minutes relaxing her body. Use gentle, soft, flowing massage strokes and be fully attentive, with your aim being to honour her body.
Once her body is fully relaxed, ask her permission to begin to massage her yoni.
Here is a list of tips and strokes that you will find useful, you may also want to follow your intuition and respond to any pleasure signals your partner gives.
Tips: use unscented and natural massage oil, take your time, keep asking for feedback and remember to relax and breath.
- Waking up the area: massage lower abdomen in circular strokes, rest one hand over the yoni, the other one on the heart. Rest for a moment. Now massage the groin, knead the pubic mound and gently slide your fingers over the yoni.
- With well-oiled hands stroke the vulva with long, slow strokes from top to bottom. Do this gently and gradually increase the pressure to suit your partners needs.
- Hold left outer labia between your thumb and fingertips and gently massage. Do this slowly and attentively. Repeat on the other side.
- Now hold the left inner labia between your thumb and fingertips and slowly massage with intent. Repeat on the other side.
- With one hand gently pull the pubic mound up toward the tummy to open up the vulva. With a finger of your other hand, trace a circle between inner and outer labia from the perineum to above the clitoris and back to the perineum.
- Ask for permission and use lots of oil. Very slowly, insert one finger in the vagina. Just be still.
- The G-spot: locate and massage the entire urethral sponge with one or two fingers. Again approach slowly with a loving touch and listen to your partners feedback.
- Press firmly on the G-spot as if pressing a button. Press, release, press, release…
These are some techniques that you can begin to practice with at home, if you want to learn a full yoni massage then visit our website for details of the courses we run for couples.