It’s important for women to embrace their yoni’s and for them to treat them with love and respect. Yoni is the Sanskrit word for female genitalia and means “Sacred Space.” This is a wonderful definition and one that brings honour, love and respect to a woman’s sacred centre. So often a woman’s womb and genitalia is talked about with detachment or with embarrassment.
What relationship do you have with your yoni? Please take a moment to consider the relationship you have with your yoni. Our modern society is saturated with sexual shame and women’s yoni’s and sexual anatomy tend to encounter degradation and be the source of embarrassment. Instead of women recognising that they hold immense orgasmic potential and treating their yoni’s as sacred, being an amazing entity that is capable of great strength and elasticity.
There is a lot of negativity surrounding female sexuality and traditional sex education can be very negative. Even today, sex education tends to be all about preventing pregnancy and diseases. Girls get educated about contraception and about menstruation and sanitary wear, but this is all done in a very negative tone, as if these things are just inconvenient by-products of being female. Periods are met with a sigh and comments such as ‘it’s that time of the month’, instead of being treated as a celebration of being capable of child bearing, or a nurturing time, it’s a once a month inconvenience to get through.
Women for countless generations have held abuse, trauma and negative emotions in their yoni’s; this is turn causes pain, disease and physical and emotional imbalances. The yoni is the energetic and spiritual representation of the vagina and it is truly amazing being the only human portal in existence that can receive and birth forth, life.
If you think that our yoni’s are not repressed, even aside from sexual assault or trauma, then simply consider how menstruation is considered an impolite subject and is treated as being a messy inconvenience, whilst female orgasm and ejaculation are little understood or considered. Indeed, many women today still carry great guilt, shame and confusion over their ability or inability to orgasm, whilst many have little or no knowledge of the liquid energy called Amrita that can be released during female ejaculation.
It is important for women to be able to claim back their power and gain control of their sexuality, to take this control is to really to own the sacredness of who you are as a woman and to recognise how much power and sacred energy you have at you disposal. The yoni must be given a voice and it is important that she is not kept hidden or shamed. Tantric practices such as yoni massage can help a woman to give a voice to her yoni, to release negative emotions and to begin to experience her full potential for bliss and orgasm.
You can begin your journey into yoni reconnection by booking a yoni massage or by performing a self-massage. A self yoni massage begins with deep breathwork which is the key to relaxing your body and preparing yourself for the scared practice of yoni massage.
Self Yoni Massage Steps
- BREATHING – Begin by breathing slowly and deeply throughout this practice you will ensure that you remain present throughout the Yoni massage and can disperse any negative emotions and stress. Breath-work does not have to be complicated; it can be as simple as becoming aware of your breathing and being conscious of your inhale and exhale. Once you become aware of your breathing, begin to inhale more deeply and allow your belly to expand and as you exhale open your mouth and make a sound as you release the breath. Do this around 20 or 30 times and then continue this breath throughout the Yoni Massage.
- ENJOY THE SENSATION – Take a natural and unscented oil and begin to massage your body. Take time and enjoy the different and pleasurable sensations of your hands on your skin. Change the types of touch and strokes and experiment with the types of touch and pressure.
- BREAST MASSAGE – Include your breasts in this massage as the breasts are not just designed as a source of sexual fantasy for men or for breast feeding. Our breasts are the key to opening up our Yoni. Caress and activate them, paying special attention to your nipples, treat them with loving care and take notice of how what feels good. Continue breathing with long, expansive inhales, and making sound through the mouth.
- THE YONI – Now you can begin to make your way down to your Yoni. Again experiment with different pressures and types of touch and experiment with how they feel. The aim of this is not to achieve a genital orgasm but to explore and build your sexual energy.
- THE NEXT STEP – Once your Yoni feels open, use one or two fingers and press them inside your Yoni. This part isn’t about overly stimulating one particular region, instead, it is a move that is designed to map around the entire Yoni in a clockwise motion, be aware of the sensations present. Note areas that feel tender, numb, or sensitive and hold the touch in these areas and breathe there. You may wish to gently massage those spots. Be aware that sometimes negative emotions can arise during this practice, let them come and remember to breath through them, long slow breaths and to allow sound to disperse them.
Yoni massage is deeply healing on all levels.
Our sexual energy, is the same as life force energy. When a woman clears her negative emotions and blocks this allows there to be a free flow of sexual energy that can flow around her entire body and can bring increased vitality, great orgasmic potential and enhanced creativity in all areas of her life.
Our body can store unprocessed emotions and it is important to remember that negative emotions are stored in the body at cellular level, not the mind. In particular a woman’s Yoni can hold a lot of negativity and this can range from societal conditioning, negative sexual experiences; these stagnant emotions can manifest as PCOS, endometriosis, vulvodynia, menstrual issues, ongoing UTIs, etc. Through yoni massage and a woman learning to cultivate a healthy relationship with her Yoni she can find a healthy equilibrium physically and emotionally and can increase overall health and vitality.
To book a professional Yoni massage or find out more click here.